It was the “other” Zavier’s turn to shine Friday night. Zavier Peart led the Jaspers with 16 points as Manhattan dispatched local rival Hofstra 80-68 at Draddy Gymnasium.
Seasoned veterans led Hofstra to a banner year last season.
Joe Mihalich’s Hofstra squad has certainly proven its offensive prowess this season. The Pride, picked as favorites in the CAA, have scored 96 points in each of their two contests this year and took down Division II Molloy 96-64 Monday night.
When Joe Mihalich made the move downstate to take over the reins at Hofstra in 2013 after 15 years at Niagara, he brought two of his star players along with him. Over the past two years they have helped him transform the image of Hofstra basketball.
Top Posts & Pages
- The NEC Becoming The G-League of Mid-Majors
- Current NIT Bracketology
- Baker Dunleavy Introduced At Quinnipiac
- Jack Perri Out At LIU Brooklyn
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Niagara's Chris Barton Embraces Top Defensive Assignment
- Cal State Bakersfield's Cinderella Run Ends In NIT Semifinals
- Tracking CBI, CIT and Vegas 16 Bids
- A CIT and CBI Primer
- 5 Thoughts About The 2016 Attendance Figures