Well, the NIT bracket is set! Now it is time to actually play the game. Predicting the NIT can be hazardous for all sorts of reasons, but it’s still fun. I gave it a shot. And you should too.
Well today is the end of the journey for bracketology. The bracketologists who project the NCAA tournament and the few of us that toil away with the NIT will learn the answers to the test in a few hours. This is my final shot at NIT bracketology for 2014.
“Maybe it’s karma.”
You almost thought that Stony Brook caught a break, which would finally lead to a breakthrough into its first NCAA tournament appearance.
All season it was St. Bonaventure’s calling card. Fast-paced, high scoring, entertaining basketball. But on Saturday, the same run-and-gun style of play that had been prevalent the majority of the 2013-2014 season fell completely flat in the second half, as the Bonnies managed to make just four shots.
Creighton will face Providence at 8:30 PM tonight at Madison Square Garden, and while one of the teams (Providence) is a conference OG — Dave Gavitt, the Big East’s founder, was a coach at Providence; during the conference’s heyday of the mid-1980s, the Friars, under Rick Pitino, made the Final Four — the Bluejays are […]
Sophomore Peter Hooley found the right time to make the biggest play in the America East championship game.
MY FINAL OFFICIAL NIT BRACKET HAS BEEN RELEASED. YOU CAN VIEW IT HERE. This is my last NIT bracket until all the dust settles. Considering the Atlantic 10 final could include St. Bonaventure and Georgia St. still needs to win two games in the Sun Belt to avoid cashing in its NIT automatic bid the […]
Jordan Gathers has never hit a game-winning shot before in his life, but when he saw his final heave leave his hands as time expired, he had no doubt that this was going to be his first.
Saturday morning might feel like déjà vu in the America East final for many reasons.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Fordham 87, Manhattan 64: Rams Flying High In The Bronx
- Monmouth Bandwagon Is Open After 3rd Place AdvoCare Invitational Finish
- Manhattan's Steve Masiello Embracing Adversity, Injuries
- North Florida 78, St. Francis Brooklyn 65 : Three Thoughts
- Albany 88, Yale 54 : Three Thoughts
- Fairfield 82, Columbia 81 (OT) : Break Up The Runnin' Stags
- Hartford's John Carroll Ruled Out For The Season
- Slowing Down The Monmouth Hype Train
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Monmouth Micah Seaborn Ruled Ineligible for the 2014-15 Season