With nine teams in action on the day, we recapped all of the NEC games for the first Saturday of December.
Lackluster Wagner allowed Lafayette to go on a big run early in the first half and never recovered in a 77-65 loss at the Spiro Sports Center on Staten Island this Tuesday night.
Overall, the month of November wasn’t a great one for the Northeast Conference. This was to be expected with lots of senior talent and Quinnipiac moving on, though, some performances near the top of the league have been rather underwhelming. Still, the NEC is currently the 24th best conference in the nation, according to Ken […]
Wagner finished fourth in the Gulf Coast Showcase this weekend with a 1-2 record. The win came in the opener and then the Seahawks lost two games, including a tough one to the Horizon League’s UIC yesterday. The Seahawks were called for a number of technicals during that game and Bashir Mason was ejected. Here’s […]
Six NEC teams were in action two evenings away from Thanksgiving. According to KenPom, all six were registered as underdogs, with Wagner having the most “realistic” shot of beating their opponent, St. Bonaventure. Despite the low odds, tonight served as an interesting barometer for several teams heading into the holiday break. Let’s check in to see […]
The rise of the multi-team event sure makes this time of year much more fun for college basketball fans. Many of our local teams were playing in far-flung outposts for titles that really only matter to the schools that are competing for them. (One power conference school was hanging here at home and barely beating […]
Three days ago we took a guess at what the New York City teams were going to do during their holiday tournaments. Let’s take a look back and see how those weekends went and what we got right and wrong.
Wagner was hanging on for dear life against Vermont with 25 seconds remaining when Kenneth Ortiz helped his teammates breathe a little bit easier thanks to an outstanding defensive play.
After losing to St. John’s and Penn State, two teams residing in a “power” conference, and defeating Division II participant Chestnut Hill, Wagner traveled to Baltimore on Monday evening for their first mid-major test. Coppin State, a MEAC team coming off an impressive upset over Oregon State, would serve as a terrific early season litmus test for […]
Tuesday was a busy one in college basketball. With so many teams in action there was more to see than just Manhattan’s daring win at Columbia, Quinnipiac’s early morning loss at La Salle, or Fordham’s failed upset bid at Syracuse. Here are some other notable results from the day.
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Photo Gallery: St. John’s 104, Fordham 58 December 8, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- New York Area Power Poll – Dec. 4 December 4, 2013
- Lehigh 76, LIU Brooklyn 69 December 9, 2013
- Big Apple Buckets Weekly Awards – Dec. 9 December 9, 2013
- Offense, Roster Depth a Reason for Brown’s Terrific Start December 9, 2013
- Early Tempo-Free Analysis of the MAAC December 9, 2013
- Help Support St. Anthony 2020 December 9, 2013
- Mark Cortinas: Well written Josh Thankyou Still belive in dem...
- Toothless Tiger: Very good selection for ROW. Spencer Weisz is the ...
- Dan From Staten Island: Will the real St. Francis Terriers please stand up...
- John: What a debacle. Does Pecora have any control over...
- Mark Cortinas: Team has lot of talent Just have to tighten up the...