With half of the America East conference schedule finished – eight teams played their eighth league game last night – now is the perfect time to break out some tempo-free numbers.
After taking a road trip to Connecticut and a long first week of basketball, here are some extra thoughts on the two conferences I cover for Big Apple Buckets, the MAAC and the America East. In addition, Ryan Peters shared his thoughts on UMBC, who stunned Mount St. Mary’s on Sunday afternoon with a come from […]
After a challenging start to the season that included West Virginia, Villanova and BYU, all teams in Ken Pomeroy’s top 80, it was business as usual for Mount St. Mary’s, at least in the early going. Despite only having nine scholarship players on the roster for the remainder of the season, Mount Mayhem was in […]
Coaching near the bottom of the Division I is tough and the rankings for America East prove exactly that fact. There are probably three or four jobs in the conference where a head coach can make a name and move up towards a brighter future.
As winners of four of their last seven games heading into last night’s conference matchup, the UMBC Retrievers had a chance to make a little history. With a victory over Albany, UMBC would have won five of their first ten America East games for the first time since the 2007-08 season, a season in which […]
With most teams having played at least one quarter of their schedule (crazy, huh?), I felt this was a perfect time to give you ten players that have really surprised and/or impressed me this season. In the first part, John and I list our top five surprises of the NEC thus far, who we feel […]
Prior to last night’s game, nearly four full seasons had passed since UMBC won their last November home game against a Division I opponent. Since defeating Toledo on November 29, 2008, UMBC has played nine such games, all resulting in losses. So, after a hard-fought battle with Central Connecticut over a week ago that unfortunately […]
Coming off one of their best non-conference wins in recent memory at La Salle, it may have been acceptable if the Central Connecticut (CCSU) Blue Devils packed it in after a hard-fought effort. Down five with under two minutes remaining in overtime, it just didn’t seem to be the Blue Devils night. They were shooting […]
Only two weeks ago, long time assistant coach Aki Thomas was preparing for the start of official practice for his UMBC Retrievers. UMBC was coming off a woeful season, which saw the Retrievers win four games – three in the America East – en route to one of the worst campaigns in school history. To […]
- NIT Bracket: March 3 March 3, 2014
- NIT Bracket: March 7 March 7, 2014
- A Brief History of the NEC Tournament – Does Home Court Matter? February 28, 2014
- NEC Tournament Round Up: March 5 March 6, 2014
- Big Apple Buckets NEC All-Conference Teams and Awards March 3, 2014
- Three Thoughts: Manhattan 87, Quinnipiac 68 March 10, 2014
- Manhattan 87, Quinnipiac 68 March 10, 2014
- Three Thoughts: Iona 75, Canisius 72 March 10, 2014
- Iona 75, Canisius 72 March 9, 2014
- Three Thoughts: Manhattan 72, St. Peter’s 58 March 9, 2014
- John Templon: They'll be in tomorrow's bracket, but the bigges...
- Zack: What's the logic on leaving out Maryland? I unde...
- John: And Billy Baron continues his amazing streak of co...
- RMU Fan: NEC Fan, why is there a lot of RMU haters around? ...
- Trev: C'mon UTEP we bleed orange here in West Texas. Th...