A few weeks are now in the books, so here is an early look around America East.
By Corey Johns, So Much Sports Baltimore Who would have thought a year ago anybody would be talking about a 4-0 UMBC season in 2016? Especially considering Kennesaw State had a player score 31 points (Kendrick Ray) and another post a 14-point, 15-rebound double-double (Aubrey Williams) and as a team shot 48.4% from the floor, […]
Yale went and grabbed a big scalp for the Ivy League. St. Francis Brooklyn finally played a game and Seton Hall crushed Central Connecticut.
By Corey Johns, So Much Sports Baltimore Just about a month after he was announced as the new head coach of the UMBC men’s basketball program, Ryan Odom has completed his coaching staff; hiring Nate Dixon, Eric Skeeters and Bryce Crawford as assistants and Griff Aldrich as the director of basketball operations.
Unless you’re at one of about 20 top schools in the country hiring a head coach is similar to recruiting. You go find the best one you can and hope they’re a good fit.
By Corey Johns, So Much Sports Baltimore “I’m not a savior. I’m just going to do my job and work hard every day and give it my best effort,” new UMBC men’s basketball head coach Ryan Odom said when he sat down with the media after his official introduction on Thursday afternoon.
After finishing the season in last place and a quarterfinal loss to Stony Brook, Aki Thomas’ time at UMBC has come to a close.
The start of the America East tournament was defined by a major stunner in Albany as the Hartford Hawks dethroned the three-time tournament champion Great Danes.
If UMBC is going to turn around their tough start to America East play, head coach Aki Thomas knows exactly what they need to do to fix it.
Jairus Lyles was searching for a fresh start and to be closer to home; he found both at UMBC.
Donate To Help NYC Buckets
Top Posts & Pages
- Iona Rebounds To Earn First Home Win
- Hofstra Preaches Team Effort As Kentucky Looms
- Three Thoughts: Iona 90, FDU 73 - Schadrac Casimir's Road Back
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Three Thoughts: Yale 66, Sacred Heart 52
- Manhattan 60, Fordham 53: Big December Win For Jaspers
- NEC Roundup - Positive Trends and Power Rankings 2.0
- Ivy League Weekly Roundup: Viral Moments and Marquee Games
- Sophomore Jairus Lyles Thriving With UMBC
- Assessing The MAAC After The December Weekend Plus