By Corey Johns, So Much Sports Baltimore Just about a month after he was announced as the new head coach of the UMBC men’s basketball program, Ryan Odom has completed his coaching staff; hiring Nate Dixon, Eric Skeeters and Bryce Crawford as assistants and Griff Aldrich as the director of basketball operations.
Unless you’re at one of about 20 top schools in the country hiring a head coach is similar to recruiting. You go find the best one you can and hope they’re a good fit.
By Corey Johns, So Much Sports Baltimore “I’m not a savior. I’m just going to do my job and work hard every day and give it my best effort,” new UMBC men’s basketball head coach Ryan Odom said when he sat down with the media after his official introduction on Thursday afternoon.
After finishing the season in last place and a quarterfinal loss to Stony Brook, Aki Thomas’ time at UMBC has come to a close.
The start of the America East tournament was defined by a major stunner in Albany as the Hartford Hawks dethroned the three-time tournament champion Great Danes.
If UMBC is going to turn around their tough start to America East play, head coach Aki Thomas knows exactly what they need to do to fix it.
Jairus Lyles was searching for a fresh start and to be closer to home; he found both at UMBC.
There were plenty of times where Aki Thomas’ team competed on Monday night against Big East foe St. John’s.
For the first time in his career, Rodney Elliott found himself on the sidelines for an extended period of time.
Will Brown called Saturday’s Albany practice “the worst of the season” and said he was extremely concerned how his team would react against UMBC Sunday afternoon. Sam Rowley added, “I think that’s the source of our success is our bench. It goes beyond just the games. At practice, as Coach was saying, those guys took […]
Donate To Help NYC Buckets
Top Posts & Pages
- Non-Conference Schedule Tracker
- Jared Grasso An Expert At Juggling His Responsibilities At Iona
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Phil Gaetano Fulfilling His Dream As a Coach
- Manhattan Rich Williams Thriving Under Unique Relationship With Steve Masiello
- St. Francis Brooklyn Will Be Competitive Next Season
- 5 Thoughts About The 2016 Attendance Figures
- Ivy League Midseason Breakdown
- The NEC's Poor Getting Poorer - FDU/CCSU Deep in a Rebuild
- Assessing Robert Morris After Marcquise Reed's Transfer