I have been playing around with clustering to try and realign college basketball into something that makes a bit more sense than our current conference configurations. I’m not sure I’ve succeeded, but here’s my first attempt.
Hopes for an historic upset never got out of the starting gate, as Villanova throttled St. John’s 108-67 Thursday afternoon in the Big East Tournament quarterfinals at Madison Square Garden.
St. John’s has its first Big East Tournament win in six years. The Red Storm took down Georgetown for the second time in as many weeks behind 17 points from freshman Shamorie Ponds, winning their opening-round contest with the Hoyas 74-73 Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.
St. John’s avenged its worst loss of league play with an 86-80 victory over Georgetown Saturday afternoon at Madison Square Garden.
St. John’s avenged last month’s dismal loss at Seton Hall with an energizing 78-70 victory over the Pirates Saturday afternoon at Madison Square Garden.
St. John’s picked up its fifth Big East win of the season with an 86-72 victory over Marquette Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.
Seton Hall leads our New York City power rankings as we start conference play.
Princeton lost its season opener at BYU and the American Conference struggled with some mid-major opponents on the opening Monday of the regular season.
Going to be reviving this semi-regular feature to recap what happened around college basketball on big nights of the week. Considering there were 163 games on opening night, it seems like a great time to recap all the action.
We are now two weeks in the 2016 Big East conference season, so what have we learned?
Top Posts & Pages
- Conference Realignment Rough Cut
- Quinnipiac Freshmen Dixon and Kiss Leading Bobcats Into Contention
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- LIU Brooklyn Will Hire Derek Kellogg
- Jack Perri Out At LIU Brooklyn
- The NEC Becoming The G-League of Mid-Majors
- Breaking Down Cane Broome's Transfer From Sacred Heart
- Tracking CBI, CIT and Vegas 16 Bids
- Bryant 65, CCSU 54: Nisre Zouzoua Ready To Pick Up Torch
- What Does Elijah Minnie's Dismissal Mean for Robert Morris?