With nine teams in action on the day, we recapped all of the NEC games for the first Saturday of December.
Overall, the month of November wasn’t a great one for the Northeast Conference. This was to be expected with lots of senior talent and Quinnipiac moving on, though, some performances near the top of the league have been rather underwhelming. Still, the NEC is currently the 24th best conference in the nation, according to Ken […]
Saint Francis University returned to DeGol Arena for their home opener on Saturday afternoon, but another player’s homecoming stole the show and led American to a 75-43 victory.
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
Half of the NEC was in action on Wednesday night, so let’s recap each contest. In all, it was a mostly disappointing evening for the league with four teams failing to come out victorious. Bryant 87, Dartmouth 77 Let’s begin with the good news. Bryant recovered nicely from their drubbing out west to Gonzaga by […]
Ask any one of the 2,036 fans at Rose Hill Gym last night, and they would proclaim that Jon Severe was the star of the show. And they would be 100% correct. In his first ever collegiate contest, the coveted recruit poured in 28 points on only 15 shots. The guard drained seven of ten […]
Head Coach: Rob Krimmel, 2nd year Last season: 5-24, 5-13 (NEC), failed to qualify for the NEC tournament RPI/KenPom: 322/329 NEC Preseason Coach’s Poll: 9th out of 10 teams State of Program: Slowly rebuilding Key Loss(es): Umar Shannon (11.2 ppg, 3.3 apg, 2.3 rpg), Anthony Ervin (4.5 ppg, 2.4 rpg) Incoming Players: Malik Harmon (PG), Georgios Angelou […]
Every year, several NEC players come out of nowhere to produce for their teams, so we’re attempting to highlight those candidates. This list is all about seeing which players can increase their production at an above league average level, even if some of them underwhelmed the previous season.
The first year under the direction of head coach Rob Krimmel served as yet another rebuilding season for the St. Francis Red Flash. They were the 20th youngest team in the nation, thereby stumbling their way to a 5-24 finish. The Red Flash lost 19 of their first 20 games by an average scoring margin […]
After spending several weeks out on the open market, former St. Francis (PA) guard Umar Shannon has committed to play for Tom Moore at Quinnipiac, reports Bill Paxton of the Connecticut Post. The 5’11″ combo guard had also seriously considered Fairfield and other MAAC/CAA teams.
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- NEC Power Rankings – The First Installment December 2, 2013
- NEC Recap – December 7 December 8, 2013
- LIU’s Defensive Conundrum Versus Seton Hall December 6, 2013
- Photo Gallery: St. John’s 104, Fordham 58 December 8, 2013
- Thoughts on Bryant, Dyami Starks’ Shooting Slump December 12, 2013
- St. John’s Is King of New York Area Power Poll December 12, 2013
- Lehigh 76, LIU Brooklyn 69 December 9, 2013
- Big Apple Buckets Weekly Awards – Dec. 9 December 9, 2013
- Offense, Roster Depth a Reason for Brown’s Terrific Start December 9, 2013
- Mark Cortinas: Well written Josh Thankyou Still belive in dem...
- Toothless Tiger: Very good selection for ROW. Spencer Weisz is the ...
- Dan From Staten Island: Will the real St. Francis Terriers please stand up...
- John: What a debacle. Does Pecora have any control over...
- Mark Cortinas: Team has lot of talent Just have to tighten up the...