When asked about Stony Brook’s program after a 65-57 win at Madison Square Garden Saturday, La Salle head coach Dr. John Giannini said he would like to see the format change in one bid league’s like the America East. “I think they’re really good they’re winning 20 plus games a year consistently,” Giannini said. “My […]
Stony Brook’s difficult second half doomed the Seawolves against La Salle on Saturday morning at Madison Square Garden. The Explorers, coming off a Sweet 16 appearance last season, made the plays they had to in order to erase a 9-point halftime deficit and pull out a win in the Holiday Festival.
Stony Brook, leading by as many as 12 in the first half, found the worst time to go cold from the field Saturday at Madison Square Garden against La Salle. The Seawolves scored just 26 points in the second half and did not make a field goal for a four minute span when they needed […]
Stony Brook head coach Steve Pikiell knew he built a challenging schedule in July and it will continue to toughen his 6-3 team as they head to Madison Square Garden to face La Salle as part of the Holiday Festival on Saturday.
Stony Brook used a 9-0 run in the final minutes to distance themselves from Fairleigh Dickinson, after a lead as large as 17 in the second half closed to three, and beat the Knights 77-62 at Pritchard Gymnasium Wednesday night.
St. Francis (Brooklyn) head coach Glenn Braica said that his team had encountered a delay in reaching Stony Brook’s campus, as their bus was running an hour late, he reached out to the opposing coach on the morning of the game. “I called him this morning, our bus was an hour late and not many […]
St. Francis (Brooklyn) needed a drive to the basket for a game clinching bucket in the final minute Sunday to escape with their fifth road win in less than a month of the season. Sheldon Hagigal drove the lane for a layup that would not go off the glass, but Wayne Martin was there to tip […]
It’s Thanksgiving so let’s talk about fowls. Oops, wrong homonym, but you get the point. All anyone wants to talk about this season are fouls. There are oodles and oodles more of them this season. (Yup, that’s actually true.)
When former Stony Brook athletic director Jim Fiore was bought out by the university it raised more questions than answers. espnW’s Kate Fagan attempted to answer some of them with her story citing multiple sources inside of the SBU athletic department.
The rise of the multi-team event sure makes this time of year much more fun for college basketball fans. Many of our local teams were playing in far-flung outposts for titles that really only matter to the schools that are competing for them. (One power conference school was hanging here at home and barely beating […]
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- LIU’s Defensive Conundrum Versus Seton Hall December 6, 2013
- New York Area Power Poll – Dec. 4 December 4, 2013
- NEC Power Rankings – The First Installment December 2, 2013
- Dr. John Giannini on America East Tournament, Stony Brook December 7, 2013
- Five Thoughts From Stony Brook’s Loss To La Salle December 7, 2013
- La Salle 65, Stony Brook 57 December 7, 2013
- Quinnipiac 83, Fairfield 79 December 7, 2013
- Niagara’s Chris Casey on Offense, Antoine Mason December 6, 2013
- Mark Cortinas: Team has lot of talent Just have to tighten up the...
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...