With nine teams in action on the day, we recapped all of the NEC games for the first Saturday of December.
It wasn’t ideal, yet I spent a majority of my Wednesday evening inside an Annapolis Panera (it’s a long story) on my IPad catching up on action around the NEC and Patriot League. With that, allow me to throw out some random thoughts regarding four schools. For what it’s worth, all four programs were in the bottom three of their […]
Overall, the month of November wasn’t a great one for the Northeast Conference. This was to be expected with lots of senior talent and Quinnipiac moving on, though, some performances near the top of the league have been rather underwhelming. Still, the NEC is currently the 24th best conference in the nation, according to Ken […]
Six NEC teams were in action two evenings away from Thanksgiving. According to KenPom, all six were registered as underdogs, with Wagner having the most “realistic” shot of beating their opponent, St. Bonaventure. Despite the low odds, tonight served as an interesting barometer for several teams heading into the holiday break. Let’s check in to see […]
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
The NEC took on some big challenges Saturday and unfortunately the league wasn’t up to the task in four of the five contests. Only Bryant’s dominant win over Vermont salvaged a potentially winless day for the league. What exactly happened?
Half of the NEC was in action on Wednesday night, so let’s recap each contest. In all, it was a mostly disappointing evening for the league with four teams failing to come out victorious. Bryant 87, Dartmouth 77 Let’s begin with the good news. Bryant recovered nicely from their drubbing out west to Gonzaga by […]
It’s time to begin a non-conference tradition – our “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” post for the NEC! The first edition is a little late this week, so a few teams already have a couple of games under their belt. Let’s highlight the biggest positives and negatives from the first four days of […]
Head Coach: Anthony Latina, 1st year Last Season: 9-20, 7-11 (NEC), Failed to Qualify for the NEC tournament RPI/KenPom: 242/268 NEC Preseason Poll: 8th out of 10 teams State of Programs: Reloading Starters Returning: 3 Key Loss(es): Shane Gibson (21.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.2 spg, 41.6% 3PT%), Justin Swidowski (7.3 ppg, 3.6 rpg), Nick Greenbacker (4.0 ppg, 2.7 […]
With nearly half of the 2013 NEC all-conference selections no longer residing inside the conference, there’s plenty of opportunity for players to emerge into the limelight. Estimating who lands in the top 15 won’t be easy, but Big Apple Buckets will begin the process today by naming our all-conference second and third teams as the […]
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- NEC Recap – December 7 December 8, 2013
- New York Area Power Poll – Dec. 4 December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- Thoughts From FDU’s Upset of Seton Hall December 3, 2013
- Lehigh 76, LIU Brooklyn 69 December 9, 2013
- Big Apple Buckets Weekly Awards – Dec. 9 December 9, 2013
- Offense, Roster Depth a Reason for Brown’s Terrific Start December 9, 2013
- Early Tempo-Free Analysis of the MAAC December 9, 2013
- Help Support St. Anthony 2020 December 9, 2013
- Toothless Tiger: Very good selection for ROW. Spencer Weisz is the ...
- Dan From Staten Island: Will the real St. Francis Terriers please stand up...
- John: What a debacle. Does Pecora have any control over...
- Mark Cortinas: Team has lot of talent Just have to tighten up the...
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...