Overall, the month of November wasn’t a great one for the Northeast Conference. This was to be expected with lots of senior talent and Quinnipiac moving on, though, some performances near the top of the league have been rather underwhelming. Still, the NEC is currently the 24th best conference in the nation, according to Ken […]
Six NEC teams were in action two evenings away from Thanksgiving. According to KenPom, all six were registered as underdogs, with Wagner having the most “realistic” shot of beating their opponent, St. Bonaventure. Despite the low odds, tonight served as an interesting barometer for several teams heading into the holiday break. Let’s check in to see […]
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
It’s time to begin a non-conference tradition – our “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” post for the NEC! The first edition is a little late this week, so a few teams already have a couple of games under their belt. Let’s highlight the biggest positives and negatives from the first four days of […]
Head Coach: Andy Toole, 4th Season (68-36, 39-15 NEC) Last Season: 24-11, 14-4 (NEC), Lost Second Round of NIT to Providence, 77-68 RPI/KenPom: 121/144 NEC Preseason Poll: 2nd out of 10 teams (tied with Bryant) State of Program: NEC Contender Starters Returning: 2 Key Loss(es): Velton Jones (10.6 ppg, 5.1 apg, 1.7 rpg), Coron Williams (9.1 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 41.6% 3pt%), […]
The NEC was the fastest conference in the nation last season and the league’s teams roasted opposing defenses during the 18-game conference slate. Teams scored an average of 1.06 points per possession, the second best in the nation behind only the Summit League. Scoring might be even higher this season.
Yesterday, Big Apple Buckets unveiled their NEC all-conference second and third teams. Today, we’ll close this two-part series by announcing our all-conference first team and predicting the 2013-14 award winners.
With nearly half of the 2013 NEC all-conference selections no longer residing inside the conference, there’s plenty of opportunity for players to emerge into the limelight. Estimating who lands in the top 15 won’t be easy, but Big Apple Buckets will begin the process today by naming our all-conference second and third teams as the […]
With the non-conference schedules for all ten NEC programs complete, we sifted through everyone’s slate to determine the top out-of-conference showdowns.
Lots of talent has left the NEC, either via graduation or transfer. The result is a conference in flux that will be nearly impossible to predict. At the very least, most pundits would separate the NEC teams into the following tiers for the 2013-14 season: The Contenders (in no particular order): Wagner, Bryant, Mount St. […]
- New York Area Power Poll – Nov. 27 November 27, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Patriot League Power Rankings – The First Installment November 26, 2013
- Fordham 79, Manhattan 75 November 26, 2013
- St. Peter’s John Dunne on Young Offensive Core December 6, 2013
- Fairfield’s Sydney Johnson on Lineup Shifts, Gilbert Brothers December 6, 2013
- Random Thoughts on the NEC, Patriot League December 5, 2013
- Rider’s Kevin Baggett on Early Struggles, Seniors December 5, 2013
- Stony Brook’s Pikiell, Coley, Puriefoy on Playing La Salle at MSG December 5, 2013
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...
- John Templon: Yes, Lafayette's start is a little misleading. Th...