The Patriot League tournament has been paired down to eight teams (sorry Loyola and Navy) and the action continues this evening. To help make sense of the madness, John was kind enough to run 10,000 simulations for this tournament to determine who has the best chance at earning the NCAA’s automatic bid. But first, a […]
The 2013-14 season has handed Bucknell more conference losses (seven) than in the previous three Patriot League seasons combined (five). After finishing 36th in the country in defensive efficiency last season, Bucknell’s attack on that end of the floor has been far closer to average.
Two Saturdays ago American had just won their tenth straight Patriot League game under the direction of Mike Brennan. The Princeton offensive system was working! Or at least that’s what everybody waxed poetic about.
When you bring up American University basketball these days, most people want to talk about the Princeton offense. They prefer to discuss the offensive system that’s been responsible for American’s pristine ball movement, crisp backdoor cuts, and near flawless execution.
With six regular season conference games in the books, now is the perfect time to break out the first ever edition of the Tempo Free Patriot League! There have been some major surprises (Army, American, Lafayette) thus far, but what do the tempo free numbers tell us? Let’s dive right in. Efficiency Margin (Offensive Efficiency – […]
You likely heard the announcement that Navy point guard Tilman Dunbar will miss the remainder of his sophomore season due to a violation of Naval Academy rules. Bill Wagner, the Capital Gazette beat writer for Navy, broke the news on Wednesday morning. While Dunbar won’t don a Navy basketball uniform through March, he’ll remain at […]
You won’t typically find a head coach in the middle of his team’s warm-up fray, but there was Army’s Zach Spiker 12 minutes before game time. Sans a suit jacket, the 37-year old head coach was barking encouragement and vigorously clapping his hands as his Black Knights went through their pre-game routine this past Saturday afternoon. The fire and excitement […]
It’s time to recap the second day of the Patriot League season. There were plenty of interesting match-ups on the first Sunday of 2014. Boston University 67, Lehigh 66 The Terriers narrowly escaped a victory when Lehigh’s Jesse Chuku missed a three-pointer late, as Boston University held off a young, feisty Lehigh squad for their […]
Boston University 70, Holy Cross 60 In a workmanlike performance, Boston University took care of business in their first ever Patriot League showdown by dispatching the upset-minded Crusaders at home. Maurice Watson, Jr., a player we pegged as our Patriot League midseason POY, led the Terriers with 12 points. It was the second lowest point […]
With the non-conference season in the books, now is the time to divvy out our mid-season awards for the Patriot League. There have been plenty of surprises in the first two months of the season, but most surprising has been the production from the conference’s underclassmen. Let’s begin!
- NIT Bracket: March 3 March 3, 2014
- NEC Tournament Round Up: March 5 March 6, 2014
- A Brief History of the NEC Tournament – Does Home Court Matter? February 28, 2014
- Big Apple Buckets NEC All-Conference Teams and Awards March 3, 2014
- Why The MAAC Is A One-Bid League March 1, 2014
- Columbia 74, Penn 55 March 8, 2014
- NIT Bracket: March 7 March 7, 2014
- Iona Announces Contract Extension for Tim Cluess March 6, 2014
- Forecasting the MAAC Tournament March 6, 2014
- Postseason Tracking: March 6 March 6, 2014
- Dan From Staten Island: The unexpected loss of three guards from the roste...
- John Templon: High Point has been added to the bracket as a #8 s...
- John Templon: Yes, High Point was just eliminated. They're goin...
- Chance: Where is the automatic regular season champs at in...
- Kevin: It doesn't look like they're on NEC Front Row, b...