It wasn’t ideal, yet I spent a majority of my Wednesday evening inside an Annapolis Panera (it’s a long story) on my IPad catching up on action around the NEC and Patriot League. With that, allow me to throw out some random thoughts regarding four schools. For what it’s worth, all four programs were in the bottom three of their […]
Columbia built an 12-point halftime lead and coasted to an 81-64 victory over Army at Levien Gymnasium on Wednesday night. The win brings the Lions above .500 overall at 5-4 on the season. They’ll be put to the test though on Saturday at Bucknell.
Lackluster Wagner allowed Lafayette to go on a big run early in the first half and never recovered in a 77-65 loss at the Spiro Sports Center on Staten Island this Tuesday night.
Each of the four previous meetings between Boston University and Quinnipiac had been decided by a margin of fewer than seven points, and Monday evening’s contest followed suit. In a back and forth affair which saw 13 ties and 12 lead changes, the score was knotted at 66 with 0:17 to play when D.J. Irving […]
Saint Francis University returned to DeGol Arena for their home opener on Saturday afternoon, but another player’s homecoming stole the show and led American to a 75-43 victory.
Six NEC teams were in action two evenings away from Thanksgiving. According to KenPom, all six were registered as underdogs, with Wagner having the most “realistic” shot of beating their opponent, St. Bonaventure. Despite the low odds, tonight served as an interesting barometer for several teams heading into the holiday break. Let’s check in to see […]
With more than two weeks in the books, Big Apple Buckets unveils their first installment of the Patriot League power rankings. There’s been quite a bit of movement from the original preseason poll.
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
The season is merely two weeks old, yet we know far more about some teams then we did back in October. Informed prognostication certainly has its value, but the stark truth is no one – including most coaching staffs – knows how Team A will respond outside the confines of its practice court. It’s nearly impossible to […]
Half of the NEC was in action on Wednesday night, so let’s recap each contest. In all, it was a mostly disappointing evening for the league with four teams failing to come out victorious. Bryant 87, Dartmouth 77 Let’s begin with the good news. Bryant recovered nicely from their drubbing out west to Gonzaga by […]
- New York Area Power Poll – Nov. 27 November 27, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Patriot League Power Rankings – The First Installment November 26, 2013
- NEC Power Rankings – The First Installment December 2, 2013
- Random Thoughts on the NEC, Patriot League December 5, 2013
- Rider’s Kevin Baggett on Early Struggles, Seniors December 5, 2013
- Stony Brook’s Pikiell, Coley, Puriefoy on Playing La Salle at MSG December 5, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...
- John Templon: Yes, Lafayette's start is a little misleading. Th...