Six NEC teams were in action two evenings away from Thanksgiving. According to KenPom, all six were registered as underdogs, with Wagner having the most “realistic” shot of beating their opponent, St. Bonaventure. Despite the low odds, tonight served as an interesting barometer for several teams heading into the holiday break. Let’s check in to see […]
The rise of the multi-team event sure makes this time of year much more fun for college basketball fans. Many of our local teams were playing in far-flung outposts for titles that really only matter to the schools that are competing for them. (One power conference school was hanging here at home and barely beating […]
Only one team (if that) can finish the season perfect so teams are obviously going to take a few losses along the way, but they sure came in a variety of tortuous fashions this week. There were last-second buzzer-beaters, faltering at the end against far more talented competition, silly mistakes and even the occasional missed […]
Do you know where your favorite team is going to be playing this season? The rise of the new Big East plus a bunch of West Coast realignment once again has conferences resembling a Boggle board. We aren’t done yet; even though 49 teams will play in a new conference this season it isn’t enough. […]
Scheduling is hard for all head coaches, but imagine having to do it without the safety net of a conference schedule. That’s what NJIT head coach Jim Engles faced this offseason.
The offseason transfers are kicking into high-gear. Jeff Goodman has a list of more than 400 players that will have new homes for the 2013-14 college basketball season. I went through and parsed the list for all the New York City players I could find. Think Goodman is missing someone? (Or I missed someone.) Let […]
College basketball in the New York City area is quite competitive. LIU Brooklyn and Iona both won their respective league tournaments and went to the NCAA tournament and St. John’s and Stony Brook both headed off the NIT. There are talented players playing in all five boroughs – I know because I saw them. The […]
Take a deep breath, NEC fans. The America East conference will not be raiding your conference any time soon. Soon to be official, multiple sources have confirmed that the America East will add Division II member UMass-Lowell. UMass-Lowell, who’s been playing Division II sports in the Northeast-10 conference since 2000, will replace the departing Boston […]
The weekly KenPom movers feature a number of interesting teams. I think these rankings will become more and more valuable as we move down the stretch to see which teams are playing good basketball as we head down the stretch towards postseason tournaments.
There were 55 games on Tuesday night, so you might’ve missed some of the more interesting ones amongst the craziness. Here are five key ones for area fans to know.
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- NEC Power Rankings – The First Installment December 2, 2013
- NEC Recap – December 7 December 8, 2013
- LIU’s Defensive Conundrum Versus Seton Hall December 6, 2013
- Photo Gallery: St. John’s 104, Fordham 58 December 8, 2013
- Thoughts on Bryant, Dyami Starks’ Shooting Slump December 12, 2013
- St. John’s Is King of New York Area Power Poll December 12, 2013
- Lehigh 76, LIU Brooklyn 69 December 9, 2013
- Big Apple Buckets Weekly Awards – Dec. 9 December 9, 2013
- Offense, Roster Depth a Reason for Brown’s Terrific Start December 9, 2013
- Mark Cortinas: Well written Josh Thankyou Still belive in dem...
- Toothless Tiger: Very good selection for ROW. Spencer Weisz is the ...
- Dan From Staten Island: Will the real St. Francis Terriers please stand up...
- John: What a debacle. Does Pecora have any control over...
- Mark Cortinas: Team has lot of talent Just have to tighten up the...