This is a guest post from Norman Rose. You may know him as @ECoastBias on Twitter.
UNCASVILLE, Conn. – There’s no time for what could have beens for college basketball coaches and teams, but there has to be at least a moment or two where Chris Casey and Niagara fans wonder the last couple of seasons. Part of that isn’t reasonable, but consider this partial list of players who started their […]
Niagara junior Emile Blackman keeps a list in his wallet of the All-MAAC teams revealed in March. The main reason he keeps the list is because his name is not among the MAAC’s best three teams.
All summer long, Chris Casey has been campaigning for Emile Blackman, his redshirt junior, to get more recognition.
Niagara head coach Chris Casey has seen plenty of roster turnover as he enters his third season on the job, but that has hardly been a detriment to the kind of program he wants to build.
Entering the MAAC tournament, the hottest team in the conference was not Iona, Manhattan or any of the top five seeds, it was the Niagara Purple Eagles.
The last time Niagara and Siena met, the Saints swept the season series from the Purple Eagles with a 74-70 road victory.
The MAAC announced its All-Conference teams as well as All-Rookie team during the final coaches conference call of the season on Monday afternoon.
For a team that revolved around one player last season, Niagara is doing it in a very different way this year thanks to one of its most experienced players.
Iona played their customary game at Madison Square Garden following Duke’s victory over St. John’s in Mike Krzyzewski’s 1000th win Sunday afternoon and ran the Purple Eagles back onto the streets of New York, 87-64.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Yale 75, Dartmouth 65: Chasing Pesky Elephants Out Of The Room
- Columbia Beats Penn, Princeton Looms
- NIT Bracketology: Feb. 10, 2016
- Harvard 79, Brown 73: Crimson Snaps Losing Streak
- What Does Elijah Minnie's Dismissal Mean for Robert Morris?
- New Hampshire Breaks Through Against Albany
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Siena 81, Iona 78: Saints Earn Their Marquee Road Win
- Yale 67, Harvard 55: Bulldogs Stay Perfect, Continue Lavietes Streak
- Northeastern 70, Drexel 60: Is There A Way To Repeat For Huskies?