With nine teams in action on the day, we recapped all of the NEC games for the first Saturday of December.
Overall, the month of November wasn’t a great one for the Northeast Conference. This was to be expected with lots of senior talent and Quinnipiac moving on, though, some performances near the top of the league have been rather underwhelming. Still, the NEC is currently the 24th best conference in the nation, according to Ken […]
Six NEC teams were in action two evenings away from Thanksgiving. According to KenPom, all six were registered as underdogs, with Wagner having the most “realistic” shot of beating their opponent, St. Bonaventure. Despite the low odds, tonight served as an interesting barometer for several teams heading into the holiday break. Let’s check in to see […]
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
The season is merely two weeks old, yet we know far more about some teams then we did back in October. Informed prognostication certainly has its value, but the stark truth is no one – including most coaching staffs – knows how Team A will respond outside the confines of its practice court. It’s nearly impossible to […]
After a challenging start to the season that included West Virginia, Villanova and BYU, all teams in Ken Pomeroy’s top 80, it was business as usual for Mount St. Mary’s, at least in the early going. Despite only having nine scholarship players on the roster for the remainder of the season, Mount Mayhem was in […]
From a mid-major perspective, you’d be hard pressed to find a more challenging non-conference schedule than Mount St. Mary’s. All three games have been against clubs in Ken Pomeroy’s top 100, with two of those landing inside the top 30 in BYU and Villanova. Despite the fierce competition, it’s unlikely Jamion Christian is pleased with […]
Half of the NEC was in action on Wednesday night, so let’s recap each contest. In all, it was a mostly disappointing evening for the league with four teams failing to come out victorious. Bryant 87, Dartmouth 77 Let’s begin with the good news. Bryant recovered nicely from their drubbing out west to Gonzaga by […]
Head Coach: Jamion Christian, 2nd Season (18-14, 11-7 NEC) Last Season: 18-14, 11-7 (NEC), Lost Finals of NEC tournament to LIU Brooklyn, 91-70 RPI/KenPom: 118/195 NEC Preseason Poll: 6th out of 10 teams State of Program: NEC Contender Starters Returning: 4 Key Loss(es): Shivaughn Wiggins (9.6 ppg, 2.2 apg, 1.2 spg, 1.6 A/TO), Raven Barber (5.0 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 57.9% FG%), Kelvin Parker (5.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg), Josh Castellanos (4.3 ppg, […]
On a crisp October evening in a building nicknamed “The Hanger,” a rangy Mount St. Mary’s guard is running the offense from the top of the key. After dribbling past his overzealous defender, the guard invades the paint with a couple of options. He can pull up for a semi-contested runner in the lane, or if he’s so […]
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- New York Area Power Poll – Dec. 4 December 4, 2013
- Early Tempo-Free Analysis of the MAAC December 9, 2013
- Help Support St. Anthony 2020 December 9, 2013
- Rider 90, Quinnipiac 78 December 8, 2013
- Photo Gallery: St. John’s 104, Fordham 58 December 8, 2013
- Photo Gallery: La Salle 65, Stony Brook 57 December 8, 2013
- Dan From Staten Island: Will the real St. Francis Terriers please stand up...
- John: What a debacle. Does Pecora have any control over...
- Mark Cortinas: Team has lot of talent Just have to tighten up the...
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...