WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. – The Monmouth University men’s basketball team, a 90-80 winner over Bucknell in an opening round NIT game Wednesday, probably won’t be lacking for incentive in Round 2.
On March 9, NCAA selection committee chair Joe Castiglione said that Monmouth would be one of the teams that would be discussed throughout the selection process.
Now that we’re on the morning of Selection Sunday, I wanted to share some thoughts about the current bracket and NIT selection.
Albany, N.Y. – For the third time in five years, Iona is headed to the NCAA Tournament.
ALBANY – Iona became the thorn in Monmouth’s side on Monday night, as they became the first team this season to beat the Hawks twice.
Monmouth senior Deon Jones stunned everyone Sunday afternoon when he returned to the Hawks’ starting lineup after missing five games with a broken hand. But the return may not have happened without another injury at the game’s highest level.
ALBANY, N.Y. — Fairfield came out with energy early, but Monmouth overpowered them in the first MAAC semifinal game at the Times Union Center to take a 76-63 victory on Sunday afternoon.
ALBANY, N.Y. – Monmouth exerted its will after a slow start on Sunday afternoon in the first MAAC semifinal.
Monmouth did not make it look pretty, but they did secure their MAAC quarterfinal win on Friday night over Rider by an 11 point margin by the final buzzer.
ALBANY, N.Y. — Monmouth head coach King Rice made sure to tell his team of what happened just two days ago, just under five miles away at SEFCU Arena.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- McLaughlin Has Centerpiece At Dartmouth, But What Else?
- Non-Conference Schedule Tracker
- Ryan Odom Sets UMBC Staff
- Fordham's Ryan Rhoomes And His Quest For Relevance
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Grading The Head Coaching Moves
- Tale of Two Teams for Iona's Cluess
- Breaking Down Cane Broome's Transfer From Sacred Heart
- FDU Recruit Kaleb Bishop Ready to Contribute
- Brian Earl Likely To Change Cornell’s Style