The Metropolitan Basketball Writers Association announced the winners of their Division I basketball awards today and in general the voters, of which I’m one, seem to have done a credible job.
The All-Metropolitan Men’s Basketball ballots were due yesterday. I’m a big fan of transparency, so for that reason I’m posting my full ballot here.
Iona had plenty to be happy about on Sunday, as they broke the MAAC tournament record for three-pointers made in a game with 19 – it was previously 15 – and Isaiah Williams set the single-game record for three-pointers made with nine of his own.
Iona head coach Tim Cluess has had plenty to smile about these last two days, even if it is in two different ways.
Monmouth held off a late surge from Canisius Saturday afternoon to earn a 60-54 win over the Golden Griffins and move on to the MAAC semifinals Sunday afternoon. Justin Robinson proved his worth as an all-MAAC first team member, leading four Hawks in double figures with 16 points.
Monmouth used a 16 point game from sophomore Justin Robinson to carry themselves into the MAAC semifinals on Sunday against Iona. Check out the photo gallery from the Hawks victory over Canisius.
When the MAAC tournament gets underway in Albany this weekend, one team will face a challenge they haven’t encountered before.
The MAAC announced its All-Conference teams as well as All-Rookie team during the final coaches conference call of the season on Monday afternoon.
It is that time of year again. Coaches received their ballots for the top awards in the MAAC and the announcement of the winners will come on Monday. Now it’s time to preview what those results might be.
After a long week of MAAC play, here is the latest on who is up and down as the conference’s final weekend begins. Let’s quickly assess some of the tournament chances of some teams, if the season ended today.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Niagara Building Around Young Duo Of Reid And Blackman
- Jim Engles Optimistic For Future Of NJIT After CIT Run
- Pressure To Add NJIT Not Affecting America East, As Expansion Is Tabled
- Jon Severe And How To Position Fordham For Long-Term Success
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Plenty New For Jeff Neubauer In First Few Weeks At Fordham
- Army Sends Message On Opening Night
- NEC Awards and All-Conference Teams for the 2014-15 Season
- Quinnipiac's AJ Sumbry Out for the Season
- All-MET Award Winners Announced