Marist head coach Mike Maker was at a loss of words at the post game press conference. He took a deep breath and struggled through his opening statement as tears came down and he stopped to dry his eyes.
The Marist Red Foxes were dealt a significant blow when on Monday when the school ruled out sophomore Khallid Hart for at least the next four weeks with a left foot injury.
The MAAC picked up wins over the Atlantic 10 and Atlantic Coast Conference during the week, but the Niagara Purple Eagles will sit in first place in the conference standings until Dec. 3 thanks to their victory at Saint Peter’s. Here’s an assessment of who’s up, who’s down and what we are looking forward to this […]
The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference went 4-9 in the season’s first three days, but there are plenty of bright spots, even in losses for some teams.
When new Marist head coach Mike Maker was asked what the most difficult question he’d heard during his interview on campus, it sounded like he knew his answer before I even finished asking.
Marist senior Chavaughn Lewis and redshirt sophomore Khallid Hart have been getting used to changes in the way they play.
Last season the MAAC featured a strong group of freshman guards, who look like a great group of future league stars.
It’s hard to believe that sophomore Khallid Hart is almost two years removed from a devastating start to his Marist career.
Marist has had a different head coach at the helm in each of the last three seasons, but there has been one coach who hasn’t had to change his office.
As I showed last week, RPM projections aren’t perfect for the MAAC. Historically the model I’ve constructed has only been able to explain about 47% of a team’s rating. Still, 47% is better than nothing. Also, this will give us a chance to dive into some of the places where the system is weak.
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Better Than Ever, Wesley Saunders Leads Harvard’s Hot Start
- Iona Best School From Smaller Conference According To Value Add
- Fairfield Searching For Complementary Options
- Fridriksson Carries LIU Brooklyn To Third Straight Win
- Three Thoughts: Quinnipiac 80, Lehigh 65
- Rider Looking To Convert From Inside Out
- Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell Still Figuring Out His Roster
- NJIT Soldiers On; Might MEAC Be Savior?
- Rysheed Jordan's Summer Workouts Fuel His Sophomore Transformation
- Delaware State's Amere May Scores 48 In Win At St. Francis