Even though little more than a week has past since the Red Foxes’ season-ending loss to eventual MAAC tournament champion Manhattan, the legacy of these Marist seniors will endure further than their careers ever could.
To close out the MAAC quarterfinals, the third seeded Manhattan Jaspers cruised past the 11th seed Marist by 16 on Saturday night. Emmy Andujar led all scorers with 24 pints and Shane Richards hit four three’s on the way to an 18 point night, while Marist senior Chavaughn Lewis made a graceful exit to his […]
The game’s final 64 seconds were not for Chavaughn Lewis.
The MAAC announced its All-Conference teams as well as All-Rookie team during the final coaches conference call of the season on Monday afternoon.
When Chavaughn Lewis scores his final point at McCann Arena on Friday night, he will be one of the best players to ever step on the floor at the town of Poughkeepsie school. The only problem: so few people saw his greatness.
After a long week of MAAC play, here is the latest on who is up and down as the conference’s final weekend begins. Let’s quickly assess some of the tournament chances of some teams, if the season ended today.
Chavaughn Lewis’ career at Marist will go down as one of the most unique in school history, in plenty of ways. On Feb. 8 he passed Rik Smits for second all-time in scoring, leaving him just shy of Steve Smith for the school record in points.
Marist appears to have found their guy in Mike Maker, a 49 year-old, experienced head coach who wants to build a program to the standards president Dennis Murray and athletic director Tim Murray have set.
Coming out in a zone against Iona at the Hynes Center seems more than counterintuitive, it seems flat out dumb. The Gaels are the fourth-best three-point shooting team in the country (41.6%), and added for degree of difficulty and depth, betting against Iona in a shooting competition is certainly a losing proposition. But Mike Maker […]
Mike Maker came to Marist expecting a challenge.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Jim Engles Optimistic For Future Of NJIT After CIT Run
- Sydney Johnson Hires Tom Parrotta, Mitch Buonaguro To Fairfield Staff
- NEC Awards and All-Conference Teams for the 2014-15 Season
- Jon Severe And How To Position Fordham For Long-Term Success
- Quinnipiac's AJ Sumbry Out for the Season
- Breaking Down Joe O'Shea's Three - To Foul or Not to Foul?
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Manhattan's Own Failures Led to Masiello Reinstatement
- Kyle Vinales' Central Connecticut Career is Over
- Assessing Robert Morris After Marcquise Reed's Transfer