After Chavaughn Lewis exited as the leading scorer in school history, the mantle of Marist’s featured player for head coach Mike Maker transitioned to redshirt junior Khallid Hart.
Part of the reason Mike Maker said he left Division III Williams to take the head coaching job at Marist, was he relished the role of being an underdog.
Marist head coach Mike Maker has a big challenge on his hands this season.
Even though little more than a week has past since the Red Foxes’ season-ending loss to eventual MAAC tournament champion Manhattan, the legacy of these Marist seniors will endure further than their careers ever could.
To close out the MAAC quarterfinals, the third seeded Manhattan Jaspers cruised past the 11th seed Marist by 16 on Saturday night. Emmy Andujar led all scorers with 24 pints and Shane Richards hit four three’s on the way to an 18 point night, while Marist senior Chavaughn Lewis made a graceful exit to his […]
The game’s final 64 seconds were not for Chavaughn Lewis.
The MAAC announced its All-Conference teams as well as All-Rookie team during the final coaches conference call of the season on Monday afternoon.
When Chavaughn Lewis scores his final point at McCann Arena on Friday night, he will be one of the best players to ever step on the floor at the town of Poughkeepsie school. The only problem: so few people saw his greatness.
After a long week of MAAC play, here is the latest on who is up and down as the conference’s final weekend begins. Let’s quickly assess some of the tournament chances of some teams, if the season ended today.
Chavaughn Lewis’ career at Marist will go down as one of the most unique in school history, in plenty of ways. On Feb. 8 he passed Rik Smits for second all-time in scoring, leaving him just shy of Steve Smith for the school record in points.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Fordham 87, Manhattan 64: Rams Flying High In The Bronx
- Monmouth Bandwagon Is Open After 3rd Place AdvoCare Invitational Finish
- Fairfield Sydney Johnson's Unique Approach To Twitter
- Manhattan's Steve Masiello Embracing Adversity, Injuries
- Albany 88, Yale 54 : Three Thoughts
- North Florida 78, St. Francis Brooklyn 65 : Three Thoughts
- Fairfield 82, Columbia 81 (OT) : Break Up The Runnin' Stags
- Slowing Down The Monmouth Hype Train
- Holy Cross 69, Sacred Heart 60 : Welcome Back, Bill Carmody
- Hartford's John Carroll Ruled Out For The Season