The Basketball Tournament keeps getting bigger and better. This season the 64 teams are playing for $2 million. The bracket was announced today and Basketball City will be taking on Boeheim’s Army in the first round in Philadelphia on July 16.
This is a guest post by Ronak Patel Manhattan College men’s basketball associate head coach Matt Grady can finally admit it now.
Albany, N.Y. – Manhattan’s reign is over. For the first time in three years, there will be a new MAAC tournament king after Siena knocked out back-to-back champion Manhattan 89-76 at the Times Union Center Saturday evening.
ALBANY — Third seeded Siena got 22 points and 16 rebounds from Brett Bisping to help them reach the MAAC tournament semifinals with a 89-76 victory over Manhattan.
Rich Williams remembers sitting in Steve Masiello’s office two weeks into his playing career as a Jasper.
In the final game of the MAAC tournament’s first round the sixth seeded Manhattan disposed of Marist and put little doubt in the contest.
Albany, N.Y. – Manhattan took the first step in their journey toward a third consecutive MAAC tournament championship Thursday night with an 81-63 victory over 11-seeded Marist.
Steve Masiello signed a five year contract upon his hire in 2011, but his future at Manhattan is more secure.
For the second consecutive year, Iona earned a season sweep of local rival Manhattan. The Gaels placed five players in double figures for the fourth time this season, led by senior A.J. English’s 23 points.
Manhattan survived a late surge from Quinnipiac to spoil Senior Day and earn their first victory on the Bobcats’ home court, 63-59, Sunday afternoon in Hamden, CT.
Donate To Help NYC Buckets
Top Posts & Pages
- Non-Conference Schedule Tracker
- Jared Grasso An Expert At Juggling His Responsibilities At Iona
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Pancake Thomas Providing Instant Impact At Hartford
- Mount St. Mary's Forward Andrew Smeathers to Forgo His Senior Season
- Sacred Heart's De'von Barnett Injures Shoulder, Upcoming Season In Doubt
- Tale of Two Teams for Iona's Cluess
- What Does Elijah Minnie's Dismissal Mean for Robert Morris?
- A Few Thoughts On Bracketology
- The Best Thing Marist Can Do Is Give Mike Maker A Vote Of Confidence