Albany, N.Y. – Manhattan’s reign is over. For the first time in three years, there will be a new MAAC tournament king after Siena knocked out back-to-back champion Manhattan 89-76 at the Times Union Center Saturday evening.
ALBANY — Third seeded Siena got 22 points and 16 rebounds from Brett Bisping to help them reach the MAAC tournament semifinals with a 89-76 victory over Manhattan.
Rich Williams remembers sitting in Steve Masiello’s office two weeks into his playing career as a Jasper.
In the final game of the MAAC tournament’s first round the sixth seeded Manhattan disposed of Marist and put little doubt in the contest.
Albany, N.Y. – Manhattan took the first step in their journey toward a third consecutive MAAC tournament championship Thursday night with an 81-63 victory over 11-seeded Marist.
Steve Masiello signed a five year contract upon his hire in 2011, but his future at Manhattan is more secure.
For the second consecutive year, Iona earned a season sweep of local rival Manhattan. The Gaels placed five players in double figures for the fourth time this season, led by senior A.J. English’s 23 points.
Manhattan survived a late surge from Quinnipiac to spoil Senior Day and earn their first victory on the Bobcats’ home court, 63-59, Sunday afternoon in Hamden, CT.
WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ – Just a little more than 10 minutes remained in the first half Monday night when guard Thomas Capuano of the Manhattan College basketball team ran in front of Monmouth University forward Deon Jones.
Manhattan shot 70.8% from the field in the second half as they erased a nine point halftime deficit and pulled away from Quinnipiac 84-77 Thursday night.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Non-Conference Schedule Tracker
- McLaughlin Has Centerpiece At Dartmouth, But What Else?
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Ryan Odom Sets UMBC Staff
- Breaking Down Cane Broome's Transfer From Sacred Heart
- Awards and Observations From the Connecticut 6 Basketball Event
- Grading The Head Coaching Moves
- FDU Recruit Kaleb Bishop Ready to Contribute
- Kelvin Parker and Josh Castellanos No Longer With Mount St. Mary's
- The Best Thing Marist Can Do Is Give Mike Maker A Vote Of Confidence