Niagara head coach Chris Casey promised a team that would get up and down, perhaps even more than his predecessor, as the Purple Eagles lead all MAAC teams in scoring with 81.5 points per game. For a team that has scored over 90 points four times already this season, they have been held to under […]
It is certainly noticeable that St. Peter’s this season has a large group of talented offensive players. For a team that struggled to crack into the 70-point total on most nights, head coach John Dunne now has assembled a team of weapons including Fordham transfer Marvin Dominique who has proven in a short time that he can do almost […]
Fairfield head coach Sydney Johnson said he had seen enough after a 49-point effort in 61 possessions at home against Holy Cross. “We needed to play better I wasn’t just going to sit back and let us not play as well and not do things,” Johnson said. “Sometimes that’s reflected in the lineup, sometimes that’s […]
For a team that locked teams down defensively so much last season en route to a second-place finish in the MAAC, Rider head coach Kevin Baggett knew the new rules might hamper his team’s style. However a 2-4 start combined with struggles to stop teams defensively was not the 2013-14 season’s expectations. The Broncs are 10th in conference scoring defense, […]
Each of the four previous meetings between Boston University and Quinnipiac had been decided by a margin of fewer than seven points, and Monday evening’s contest followed suit. In a back and forth affair which saw 13 ties and 12 lead changes, the score was knotted at 66 with 0:17 to play when D.J. Irving […]
The Manhattan Jaspers defeated the Hofstra Pride 66-59 Saturday afternoon at the Mack Sports Complex in Hempstead, NY. The Jaspers were led by senior guard Michael Alvarado, who scored a season high 23 points while contributing 6 assists and 4 rebounds.
Undermanned Fordham didn’t care how much size or talent Manhattan has on its roster. All the Rams knew was that they had to find a win, or it was going to be a long holiday week.
Quinnipiac eclipsed the century mark for the first time in the Tom Moore era as they routed the Maine Black Bears 102-61 Monday night. The Bobcats avenged last year’s 76-71 loss in Hamden with force, as five players finished the game with double digits in points.
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
Umar Shannon nailed a last-second three-pointer to lead the Quinnipiac University Bobcats over the Hampton Pirates by the score of 71-68 Wednesday night at the TD Bank Sports Center in Hamden, CT.
- New York Area Power Poll – Nov. 27 November 27, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Patriot League Power Rankings – The First Installment November 26, 2013
- NEC Power Rankings – The First Installment December 2, 2013
- Niagara’s Chris Casey on Offense, Antoine Mason December 6, 2013
- LIU’s Defensive Conundrum Versus Seton Hall December 6, 2013
- St. Peter’s John Dunne on Young Offensive Core December 6, 2013
- Fairfield’s Sydney Johnson on Lineup Shifts, Gilbert Brothers December 6, 2013
- Random Thoughts on the NEC, Patriot League December 5, 2013
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...
- John Templon: Yes, Lafayette's start is a little misleading. Th...