Even under the best of circumstances LIU Brooklyn’s defense isn’t particularly good. The Blackbirds have held just one opponent, ironically Indiana, under a point per possession this season. It was particularly evident last night as LIU scored 81 points in a 68-possession game and still lost at Seton Hall by 11. Really though there wasn’t […]
Overall, the month of November wasn’t a great one for the Northeast Conference. This was to be expected with lots of senior talent and Quinnipiac moving on, though, some performances near the top of the league have been rather underwhelming. Still, the NEC is currently the 24th best conference in the nation, according to Ken […]
Three days ago we took a guess at what the New York City teams were going to do during their holiday tournaments. Let’s take a look back and see how those weekends went and what we got right and wrong.
A week of wild upsets produced some dramatic movement in the Pomeroy rankings this week. A few teams saw their rankings rise and fall dramatically based on games this week.
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
The season is merely two weeks old, yet we know far more about some teams then we did back in October. Informed prognostication certainly has its value, but the stark truth is no one – including most coaching staffs – knows how Team A will respond outside the confines of its practice court. It’s nearly impossible to […]
It’s tournament time! While ostensibly LIU Brooklyn, Stony Brook, Hofstra, St. Francis Brooklyn and Columbia have been playing in “tournaments” over the early part of the season they haven’t really had that feel. Instead it’s been a series of tough road games.
It looks like Jason Brickman is picking up right where he left off last season. The LIU Blackbirds’ senior point guard has been almost unstoppable with the ball in his hands. According to the ESPN box scores he has 24 assists thus far this season and he almost led LIU past Indiana. What makes the […]
Tuesday was a busy one in college basketball. With so many teams in action there was more to see than just Manhattan’s daring win at Columbia, Quinnipiac’s early morning loss at La Salle, or Fordham’s failed upset bid at Syracuse. Here are some other notable results from the day.
It’s time to begin a non-conference tradition – our “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” post for the NEC! The first edition is a little late this week, so a few teams already have a couple of games under their belt. Let’s highlight the biggest positives and negatives from the first four days of […]
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Thoughts From FDU’s Upset of Seton Hall December 3, 2013
- NEC Power Rankings – The First Installment December 2, 2013
- Photo Gallery: La Salle 65, Stony Brook 57 December 8, 2013
- NEC Recap – December 7 December 8, 2013
- Stony Brook, La Salle on Playing at Madison Square Garden December 8, 2013
- Dr. John Giannini on America East Tournament, Stony Brook December 7, 2013
- Five Thoughts From Stony Brook’s Loss To La Salle December 7, 2013
- Mark Cortinas: Team has lot of talent Just have to tighten up the...
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...