The MAAC announced its All-Conference teams as well as All-Rookie team during the final coaches conference call of the season on Monday afternoon.
Iona completed its perfect home slate with an energizing 79-75 win over Manhattan on Senior Night. The Gaels got a lift from the return of junior Isaiah Williams, who missed 12 games with a right foot injury. Williams contributed 12 points off the bench in his return.
Lately it seems like Iona just does not lose.
It is that time of year again. Coaches received their ballots for the top awards in the MAAC and the announcement of the winners will come on Monday. Now it’s time to preview what those results might be.
Our culture can be weird, man. Well yeah, of course, just take a walk down the street sometime, I know.
That gutty, gritty Iona defense – as John Sterling might muse. Wait, what?
This game deserves more than three thoughts. Iona and Manhattan battled for 40 minutes doing what each of them do best. In the end though A.J. English just did it a little bit better.
Poor Chavaughn Lewis.
When it comes to MAAC rookies, none are flashier (or smaller) than Iona’s Schadrac Casimir.
For all the talk about Iona being nicknamed Transfer U, some of it deserved, the Gaels’ success under Tim Cluess over the past five seasons has not been solely about picking up talented players that other programs may not want for various reasons.
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NIT Bracketology - March 2
- NEC Awards and All-Conference Teams for the 2014-15 Season
- Few Surprises For All-MAAC Selections
- NIT Bracketology: Feb. 22
- Ivy League Weekly Roundup: Mar. 1
- Patriot League Tournament Preview (With Fearless Predictions)
- Will Brown, Jameel Warney Claim Top America East Awards
- Will Brown Takes Unusual Route To America East Coach Of The Year
- 10,000 Sims: NEC and Patriot League Tournaments
- NEC Recap - February 28