Almost every team in America was playing today thanks to either the wrapping up of conference season or tournaments. We’ve got tons of coverage from the MAAC tournament and the recap of Wagner’s semifinal loss. Here’s what else happened for New York City teams.
The first-place Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens had their backs against the wall early against Hofstra, but were able to escape the Mack Sports Complex with an 81-77 victory Wednesday night.
Frantz Massenat posted a career-high with 32 points and fell just one assist shy of a double-double as he powered Drexel to a 77-74 victory over Hofstra Wednesday night at the Mack Sports Complex in Hempstead, NY. Zeke Upshaw led the Pride with 27 points, but it was not enough to get past Drexel and […]
A 17-0 run during which four different Pride players knocked down 3-pointers helped Hofstra pull away from William & Mary early in the second half Wednesday night for a 77-60 CAA victory. After nursing a narrow lead for much of the game, the Pride’s furious run broke the game open as they led by as […]
For Joe Mihalich, who inherited a roster of four players when he took over at Hofstra as head coach, he knew he would need players who could help bring the program back to prominence. One of those players committed to Mihalich months before he moved from the MAAC and Niagara to the CAA and Hofstra in […]
If you really want to dig into college basketball statistics a subscription to KenPom has become a must have. Another site is quickly becoming a go-to for me. Hoop-math.com is run by Jeff Haley and it has some really interesting information. You can subscribe for just $15. (I already have.)
Four players scored in double figures as the Hofstra Pride defeated the CCSU Blue Devils 72-67 at the Mack Sports Complex in Hempstead, NY. Senior forward Zeke Upshaw led the Pride with 22 points.
All-in-all Sunday wasn’t a bad day to be a team from the New York City area. Metro area teams were a decisive 3-1 on the day – with the lone loss of course being in the highest profile game of the day – and even Marist earned its first win of the season by winning […]
The Manhattan Jaspers defeated the Hofstra Pride 66-59 Saturday afternoon at the Mack Sports Complex in Hempstead, NY. The Jaspers were led by senior guard Michael Alvarado, who scored a season high 23 points while contributing 6 assists and 4 rebounds.
Three days ago we took a guess at what the New York City teams were going to do during their holiday tournaments. Let’s take a look back and see how those weekends went and what we got right and wrong.
- NIT Bracket: March 3 March 3, 2014
- NEC Tournament Round Up: March 5 March 6, 2014
- A Brief History of the NEC Tournament – Does Home Court Matter? February 28, 2014
- Big Apple Buckets NEC All-Conference Teams and Awards March 3, 2014
- NIT Bracket: March 7 March 7, 2014
- Three Thoughts: Quinnipiac 89, Niagara 80 March 9, 2014
- Quinnipiac 89, Niagara 80 March 9, 2014
- New York City Round Up: March 8 March 8, 2014
- Manhattan 72, St. Peter’s 58 March 8, 2014
- 3 Thoughts: Canisius 71, Siena 65 March 8, 2014
- Tryal Alexander: Oh OK thanks John!...
- John Templon: There's no way at 14-17 overall Texas Tech is get...
- Tryal Alexander: Texas tech beat Texas today does that give them a ...
- TWC: In the NEC it's not enough to have a good team to...
- Tryal Alexander: Hey John do you think Texas Tech will make the NIT...