St. John’s beat Fordham in game two of the Holiday Festival by a 104-58 final at Madison Square Garden. Below is a photo gallery from Saturday’s game. Ryan Restivo covers the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference and America East conference for Big Apple Buckets. You can follow Ryan on Twitter @ryanarestivo or contact Ryan at rrestivo[at]nycbuckets.com.
What a week of college basketball! New York City had a ton of excellent games during the past week. One northern New Jersey team though rose up and stole the spotlight by taking down two major conference teams. Still, celebrate the week that was in New York area college basketball with our weekly awards.
Undermanned Fordham didn’t care how much size or talent Manhattan has on its roster. All the Rams knew was that they had to find a win, or it was going to be a long holiday week.
A week of wild upsets produced some dramatic movement in the Pomeroy rankings this week. A few teams saw their rankings rise and fall dramatically based on games this week.
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
The surprising announcement today that Ryan Canty is going to take a leave of absence from the Fordham basketball team due to a personal matter is certainly a blow to the Rams’ depth in the front court.
It was size vs. speed, and it wasn’t even close. Fordham’s four quick guards were no match for Syracuse’s size and length in an 89-74 defeat on Tuesday night at the Carrier Dome.
This season we’re introducing a new feature, Weekly Awards! Each Monday at noon we’ll be announcing our selections for the area’s Team, Player and Rookie of the Week. As has been discussed a bit in the Power Poll – “area” is a pretty loosely defined term. Still, we’ll try to highlight the best stories in […]
Ask any one of the 2,036 fans at Rose Hill Gym last night, and they would proclaim that Jon Severe was the star of the show. And they would be 100% correct. In his first ever collegiate contest, the coveted recruit poured in 28 points on only 15 shots. The guard drained seven of ten […]
The Fordham Rams opened their 2013-14 season with a comfortable win over St. Francis (PA) on Friday night at Rose Hill. Tom Pecora’s team used a big run at the end of the first half and into the second to blow open the game and coast to victory. Here are five thoughts from the victory.
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- NEC Power Rankings – The First Installment December 2, 2013
- NEC Recap – December 7 December 8, 2013
- LIU’s Defensive Conundrum Versus Seton Hall December 6, 2013
- Photo Gallery: St. John’s 104, Fordham 58 December 8, 2013
- Thoughts on Bryant, Dyami Starks’ Shooting Slump December 12, 2013
- St. John’s Is King of New York Area Power Poll December 12, 2013
- Lehigh 76, LIU Brooklyn 69 December 9, 2013
- Big Apple Buckets Weekly Awards – Dec. 9 December 9, 2013
- Offense, Roster Depth a Reason for Brown’s Terrific Start December 9, 2013
- Mark Cortinas: Well written Josh Thankyou Still belive in dem...
- Toothless Tiger: Very good selection for ROW. Spencer Weisz is the ...
- Dan From Staten Island: Will the real St. Francis Terriers please stand up...
- John: What a debacle. Does Pecora have any control over...
- Mark Cortinas: Team has lot of talent Just have to tighten up the...