Fairleigh Dickinson senior Sidney Sanders Jr. has been tough to contain for opponents all season long and proved to be just as difficult to contain on Wednesday, scoring a career-high 28 points and being a one man wrecking crew to the Stony Brook defense. First year head coach Greg Herenda said that when he took […]
Stony Brook used a 9-0 run in the final minutes to distance themselves from Fairleigh Dickinson, after a lead as large as 17 in the second half closed to three, and beat the Knights 77-62 at Pritchard Gymnasium Wednesday night.
It has been eight years — and three different head coaches — since Fairleigh Dickinson posted a winning record, but there is hope in northern New Jersey for the Knights’ current squad. Comprised largely of freshmen and veterans who were reserves in 2013, the hope is due to the Knights’ past two games, wins on […]
Note: Occasional Big Apple Buckets contributor Ray Floriani attended the game between Fairleigh Dickinson and Seton Hall. He had these thoughts afterwards.
What a week of college basketball! New York City had a ton of excellent games during the past week. One northern New Jersey team though rose up and stole the spotlight by taking down two major conference teams. Still, celebrate the week that was in New York area college basketball with our weekly awards.
Overall, the month of November wasn’t a great one for the Northeast Conference. This was to be expected with lots of senior talent and Quinnipiac moving on, though, some performances near the top of the league have been rather underwhelming. Still, the NEC is currently the 24th best conference in the nation, according to Ken […]
Six NEC teams were in action two evenings away from Thanksgiving. According to KenPom, all six were registered as underdogs, with Wagner having the most “realistic” shot of beating their opponent, St. Bonaventure. Despite the low odds, tonight served as an interesting barometer for several teams heading into the holiday break. Let’s check in to see […]
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
After taking a road trip to Connecticut and a long first week of basketball, here are some extra thoughts on the two conferences I cover for Big Apple Buckets, the MAAC and the America East. In addition, Ryan Peters shared his thoughts on UMBC, who stunned Mount St. Mary’s on Sunday afternoon with a come from […]
Despite losing their second straight on the road, the difference between Fairleigh Dickinson from Sunday to Friday was a drastic change.
- New York Area Power Poll – Nov. 27 November 27, 2013
- Ivy League Power Rankings – Nov. 25 November 25, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Patriot League Power Rankings – The First Installment November 26, 2013
- Rider’s Kevin Baggett on Early Struggles, Seniors December 5, 2013
- Stony Brook’s Pikiell, Coley, Puriefoy on Playing La Salle at MSG December 5, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- Columbia 81, Army 64 December 4, 2013
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...
- John Templon: Yes, Lafayette's start is a little misleading. Th...