It wasn’t ideal, yet I spent a majority of my Wednesday evening inside an Annapolis Panera (it’s a long story) on my IPad catching up on action around the NEC and Patriot League. With that, allow me to throw out some random thoughts regarding four schools. For what it’s worth, all four programs were in the bottom three of their […]
Overall, the month of November wasn’t a great one for the Northeast Conference. This was to be expected with lots of senior talent and Quinnipiac moving on, though, some performances near the top of the league have been rather underwhelming. Still, the NEC is currently the 24th best conference in the nation, according to Ken […]
Six NEC teams were in action two evenings away from Thanksgiving. According to KenPom, all six were registered as underdogs, with Wagner having the most “realistic” shot of beating their opponent, St. Bonaventure. Despite the low odds, tonight served as an interesting barometer for several teams heading into the holiday break. Let’s check in to see […]
It’s been rough beginning for the Northeast Conference, as its ten teams have managed to win only 11 of 40 games versus Division I competition. With lots of senior production moving on and Quinnipiac jettisoning for the MAAC, this was to be expected. But no one could have envisioned four NEC clubs – Sacred Heart, […]
The NEC took on some big challenges Saturday and unfortunately the league wasn’t up to the task in four of the five contests. Only Bryant’s dominant win over Vermont salvaged a potentially winless day for the league. What exactly happened?
Half of the NEC was in action on Wednesday night, so let’s recap each contest. In all, it was a mostly disappointing evening for the league with four teams failing to come out victorious. Bryant 87, Dartmouth 77 Let’s begin with the good news. Bryant recovered nicely from their drubbing out west to Gonzaga by […]
It’s time to begin a non-conference tradition – our “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” post for the NEC! The first edition is a little late this week, so a few teams already have a couple of games under their belt. Let’s highlight the biggest positives and negatives from the first four days of […]
Head Coach: Howie Dickenman, 18th year (262-241) Last Season: 13-17, 9-9 (NEC), Lost First Round of the NEC tournament to Wagner, 72-50 RPI/KenPom: 194/179 NEC Preseason Poll: 6th out of 10 teams State of Program: NEC Contender Starters Returning: 3 Key Loss(es): Joe Efese (7.2 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.6 bpg, 58.9% FG%), Adonis Burbage (10.3 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 36.4% 3PT%) Incoming Players: Faronte […]
Remember a few days back when we said the MAAC and the Big East were wide open. If those conferences are wide open then the NEC is going to be a three-ring circus.
Two very smart people have released preseason college basketball ratings that span the entire breadth of Division I. Even though Ken Pomeroy and Dan Hanner use different methods to make their predictions the results were quite similar last season. Still, there are some outliers. Here are a few of the more interesting one.
- New York Area Power Poll – Nov. 27 November 27, 2013
- Ivy League Power Rankings – Nov. 25 November 25, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Big Apple Buckets Weekly Awards – Nov. 25 November 25, 2013
- Random Thoughts on the NEC, Patriot League December 5, 2013
- Rider’s Kevin Baggett on Early Struggles, Seniors December 5, 2013
- Stony Brook’s Pikiell, Coley, Puriefoy on Playing La Salle at MSG December 5, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...
- John Templon: Yes, Lafayette's start is a little misleading. Th...