A turnaround came quickly for Canisius in their first season under head coach Jim Baron. For a school that won a combined 20 games the two years before his arrival, Baron’s team won 20 games – the most for the school since 2001.
Towards the end of last season Canisius set the bar high, as Billy Baron declared that anything short of the NCAA tournament would be a disappointment.
Billy Baron burst onto the scene at Canisius in his junior season scoring 17.2 points per game and leading the conference with 171 assists. Joining alongside his father, head coach Jim Baron, and a solid senior class the Golden Griffins won 20 games for the first time since 2001.
Canisius head coach Jim Baron’s first season saw the team improve from five wins in 2012 to their first 20 win season since 2001 and their first postseason appearance since 1996 in the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
The Big Ten has been good so good during the postseason that one of the teams not playing ended up being one of the biggest risers this week in the Pomeroy rankings. Unfortunately, the Big West is having the exact opposite effect.
It looks like both Rider and Canisius are going to be on the road for the second round of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament. We know Rider’s destination already. The Broncs are heading down to play East Carolina. The one up in the air is Canisius. Reading the tea leaves, it makes most sense for the Golden […]
Each week I’ve been tracking movement in Ken Pomeroy’s rankings. Well, with Selection Sunday upon us I wanted to congratulate all those teams that have seen their ranking rise more than 100 spots. Also, I’ve included a list of all the teams that have fallen more than 100 spots.
One consistent theme from teams eliminated from the weekend in the MAAC Tournament was their aspirations to continue their seasons.
SPRINGFIELD – The two of the most dynamic scoring teams in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference did not disappoint, as the Iona Gaels beat Canisius 89-85 in the second MAAC Quarterfinal game.
Manhattan came out with intense energy from the tip and sent a message that it can’t be counted out in the MAAC with a 67-54 victory over Canisius at Draddy Gymnasium on Thursday night.
- New York Area Power Poll – Nov. 27 November 27, 2013
- Ivy League Power Rankings – Nov. 25 November 25, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Patriot League Power Rankings – The First Installment November 26, 2013
- Stony Brook’s Pikiell, Coley, Puriefoy on Playing La Salle at MSG December 5, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- Columbia 81, Army 64 December 4, 2013
- FDU’s Defense to Upend NEC? December 4, 2013
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...
- John Templon: Yes, Lafayette's start is a little misleading. Th...
- Toothless Tiger: Lafayette's 1-5 start is very misleading. I saw t...
- Toothless Tiger: Very impressive week for FDU. I hope my Tigers do ...