I meant to write this on Thursday, but you know, life and stuff got in the way. Now though the MAAC December weekend is finished and we’ve now got a robust (hah!) two-game sample size with which to judge every MAAC school. Did we learn anything?
Canisius head coach Jim Baron feels a differently this season, even though once again he’s on top of the MAAC standings.
This week’s MAAC Stock Watch was delayed slightly thanks to the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference coaches conference call. Canisius and Fairfield share the top spot in the conference through the first weekend of MAAC play, just as everyone expected. Niagara’s reign over the top spot lasted fewer than two games and Quinnipiac shares the conference basement […]
It was a tough day and game to swallow for the Canisius Golden Griffins Saturday afternoon.
Jim Baron and the Golden Griffins will have their work cut out for them this season. Coming into the 2014-2015 campaign, Canisius is without their star players from last season: Billy Baron, Jordan Heath and Chris Perez.
While it doesn’t feel like a reset, it’s close to it for Canisius head coach Jim Baron.
Considering the Canisius roster, sophomore Zach Lewis is a grizzled veteran. After all, he is the team’s returning leading scorer after a senior-laden team graduated.
This season will be the first one in a long time where Jim Baron won’t be coaching one of his sons.
Last season the MAAC featured a strong group of freshman guards, who look like a great group of future league stars.
Using a similar methodology to how I figured out just how much Penn underperformed last season I went ahead and built predictor models for specific conferences using returning possession minutes (RPM) data.
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Iona Best School From Smaller Conference According To Value Add
- Better Than Ever, Wesley Saunders Leads Harvard’s Hot Start
- Trae Bell-Haynes Learning Quickly On The Job For Vermont
- Three Thoughts: Saint Francis U. 73, Rutgers 68
- St. John's For Real? Some Signs Pointing That Way
- Rysheed Jordan's Summer Workouts Fuel His Sophomore Transformation
- Fairfield Searching For Complementary Options
- New York City Power Poll: Dec. 15 Edition
- Fridriksson Carries LIU Brooklyn To Third Straight Win
- Mount St. Mary's Is A Work In Progress