The Manhattan Jaspers defeated the Hofstra Pride 66-59 Saturday afternoon at the Mack Sports Complex in Hempstead, NY. The Jaspers were led by senior guard Michael Alvarado, who scored a season high 23 points while contributing 6 assists and 4 rebounds.
One thing head coach Joe Mihalich knew when he took over on April 10 at Hofstra was that he needed players and fast.
The season is merely two weeks old, yet we know far more about some teams then we did back in October. Informed prognostication certainly has its value, but the stark truth is no one – including most coaching staffs – knows how Team A will respond outside the confines of its practice court. It’s nearly impossible to […]
After finishing the first two games of the season at home, splitting games with Monmouth and Fairleigh Dickinson, Hofstra moves on to two tough road games this week.
The Hofstra Pride, trailed only by margins of 2-0 and 9-8 in the games first few minutes, led throughout by controlling the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights by holding them to barely over 30-percent shooting from the field, earning head coach Joe Mihalich his first victory as head coach by a 80-58 final at the Mack Sports […]
Bryant and Towson pulled off two of the biggest turnarounds in NCAA history last season. The Bulldogs and Tigers improved by 16.5 and 17.5 wins respectively. They also jumped more than 150 spots apiece in Ken Pomeroy’s rankings from the prior season.
When head coach Joe Mihalich took over to rebuild a Hofstra roster with just four scholarship players, it did not take him long to form a class that would lay the foundation for his new vision of the program.
The Big East is wide open this season! Every team can at least claim to have a chance in the new 10-team league. While Creighton, Georgetown and Marquette appear to be the class of the league, their grip on the top is tenuous at best.
It might be hard to believe that two people who met for the first time at a high school in Maryland would be leading a program on Long Island, but the roots of the connection between athletic director Jeff Hathaway and his new head coach Joe Mihalich go back a long time.
Ken Pomeroy’s preseason rankings are out. We don’t have a fancy Q&A for those because Ken explains most of the process on his site every year. Still, there are definitely a few things worth pointing out.
- New York Area Power Poll – Nov. 27 November 27, 2013
- Ivy League Power Rankings – Nov. 25 November 25, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Patriot League Power Rankings – The First Installment November 26, 2013
- Stony Brook’s Pikiell, Coley, Puriefoy on Playing La Salle at MSG December 5, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- Columbia 81, Army 64 December 4, 2013
- FDU’s Defense to Upend NEC? December 4, 2013
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...
- John Templon: Yes, Lafayette's start is a little misleading. Th...
- Toothless Tiger: Lafayette's 1-5 start is very misleading. I saw t...
- Toothless Tiger: Very impressive week for FDU. I hope my Tigers do ...