Now it’s getting real. There is just a month until Selection Sunday and the resumes are starting to solidify.
I don’t write much about my graduate alma mater on this site, because well, Northwestern isn’t in New York City. (Though the Wildcats are coming to the Barclays Center this season.) But today Chris Collins has provided the college basketball community with a great example of what not to do in non-conference scheduling.
Saint Francis U. upset Rutgers 73-68 Saturday. The Red Flash are now 6-4, coming off good wins against Duquesne and Rutgers.
Rutgers shot nearly 60% from the field in the first half, building a cushion which would help the Scarlet Knights fend off the Manhattan Jaspers 63-55 Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden.
St. Francis Brooklyn led numerous times at the RAC against Big Ten opponent Rutgers in a back-and-forth show in the second half. The Terriers ended up losing 76-73 in the final seconds though after a missed three point shot by Brent Jones, when St. Francis was only down by two. St. Francis is now 0-3 […]
For 12 seasons, Bill Carmody brought a bit of deception and slight of hand to Northwestern basketball. A 1-3-1 defense here, an offense that ran through a three-point shooting center there, Carmody knew he was going to have trouble – due to academic standards and just a general lack of historic success in his program […]
Donate To Help NYC Buckets
Top Posts & Pages
- Current NIT Bracketology
- Tracking CBI, CIT and Vegas 16 Bids
- Monmouth 82, Fairfield 62: Waiting For The MAAC Tournament
- NIT Bracketology: Feb. 13, 2017
- NIT Bracketology: January 30, 2017
- Ivy League Weekly Roundup: Return of the Killer P’s
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- An NIT Selection Trends FAQ
- Manhattan Routs Quinnipiac On Tyler Wilson's Senior Night
- Freshman E.J. Crawford Showcases Iona's Versatility