Stony Brook posted the best assist-to-turnover ratio in the America East last season and more help is on the way to make sure the Seawolves stay on top come the new season in November.
The overall health of the America East conference appears to be strong.
Tommy Dempsey knew the building process was going to take a long time at Binghamton.
Just under a year into his tenure as head coach, Maine’s Bob Walsh is confident that he will be able to rebuild the Black Bear program, even after struggling through a 3-27 first season.
One reason for optimism at Vermont is that the Catamounts won more than 20 games without the use of what could be their most dynamic freshman recruit from last season.
After getting back home fewer than 36 hours after their CBI semifinal loss to Louisiana Monroe, Vermont head coach John Becker had a clear plan of what he wanted from his group the next few weeks: nothing.
When the final buzzer rang on the America East quarterfinals, it put an end to an up and down third season for head coach Tommy Dempsey at Binghamton.
While the new autonomy five power structure of the NCAA appears to be moving towards supporting cost of attendance for student-athletes, the America East conference will be cautious in instituting any league wide structure to support it.
It is hard to be as close as Stony Brook was to their elusive first NCAA tournament berth without getting there.
While most of the college basketball world was fixated on postseason play last weekend, Maine head coach Bob Walsh was on the other side of the world.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Niagara Building Around Young Duo Of Reid And Blackman
- Jim Engles Optimistic For Future Of NJIT After CIT Run
- Pressure To Add NJIT Not Affecting America East, As Expansion Is Tabled
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Plenty New For Jeff Neubauer In First Few Weeks At Fordham
- Ryan Restivo Joins Brian Cady on Sporty 1240 AM To Break Down MAAC, America East
- Tom Pecora Out At Fordham
- Ranking the 2012-13 NEC recruiting classes
- NIA School eligibility concerns a cautionary tale
- Tracking CBI and CIT Bids