Stony Brook head coach Steve Pikiell knew he built a challenging schedule in July and it will continue to toughen his 6-3 team as they head to Madison Square Garden to face La Salle as part of the Holiday Festival on Saturday.
Stony Brook used a 9-0 run in the final minutes to distance themselves from Fairleigh Dickinson, after a lead as large as 17 in the second half closed to three, and beat the Knights 77-62 at Pritchard Gymnasium Wednesday night.
St. Francis (Brooklyn) head coach Glenn Braica said that his team had encountered a delay in reaching Stony Brook’s campus, as their bus was running an hour late, he reached out to the opposing coach on the morning of the game. “I called him this morning, our bus was an hour late and not many […]
St. Francis (Brooklyn) needed a drive to the basket for a game clinching bucket in the final minute Sunday to escape with their fifth road win in less than a month of the season. Sheldon Hagigal drove the lane for a layup that would not go off the glass, but Wayne Martin was there to tip […]
When former Stony Brook athletic director Jim Fiore was bought out by the university it raised more questions than answers. espnW’s Kate Fagan attempted to answer some of them with her story citing multiple sources inside of the SBU athletic department.
Vermont’s non-conference slate has (so far) been exceedingly tumultuous. John Becker’s squad was picked by many to finish atop the America East Conference, but despite the squad’s overall seniority — per Ken Pomeroy, the team is the nation’s fifth most experienced — the Catamounts look confused. Currently in the midst of a northeast road trip, […]
Wagner was hanging on for dear life against Vermont with 25 seconds remaining when Kenneth Ortiz helped his teammates breathe a little bit easier thanks to an outstanding defensive play.
On Tuesday, Stony Brook University president Samuel L. Stanley announced that athletic director Jim Fiore would be leaving the school effective immediately. “I am writing to inform you that Jim Fiore is leaving Stony Brook University,” Stanley said in a statement released Tuesday. “Senior Associate Athletic Director, Donna Woodruff, will serve as Interim Athletic Director […]
After taking a road trip to Connecticut and a long first week of basketball, here are some extra thoughts on the two conferences I cover for Big Apple Buckets, the MAAC and the America East. In addition, Ryan Peters shared his thoughts on UMBC, who stunned Mount St. Mary’s on Sunday afternoon with a come from […]
After a challenging start to the season that included West Virginia, Villanova and BYU, all teams in Ken Pomeroy’s top 80, it was business as usual for Mount St. Mary’s, at least in the early going. Despite only having nine scholarship players on the roster for the remainder of the season, Mount Mayhem was in […]
- New York Area Power Poll – Nov. 27 November 27, 2013
- Wagner Stumbles Against UIC in Gulf Coast Showcase November 29, 2013
- Lafayette 77, Wagner 65 December 3, 2013
- Patriot League Power Rankings – The First Installment November 26, 2013
- NEC Power Rankings – The First Installment December 2, 2013
- Random Thoughts on the NEC, Patriot League December 5, 2013
- Rider’s Kevin Baggett on Early Struggles, Seniors December 5, 2013
- Stony Brook’s Pikiell, Coley, Puriefoy on Playing La Salle at MSG December 5, 2013
- Sidney Sanders Jr. Continues to Break Through for Fairleigh Dickinson December 4, 2013
- Stony Brook 77, Fairleigh Dickinson 62 December 4, 2013
- John F. Haley: Re: your Dec 4th poll once again great job done by...
- FDU40: As the only FDU fan at the game it was fun sitting...
- FDU40: AS the only FDU Fan at the game,it was fun sitting...
- TWC: Wagner's big men are not getting the job done esp...
- John Templon: Yes, Lafayette's start is a little misleading. Th...