ITHACA, N.Y. — Jeff Coby clenched his fists, flexed his arms, and stared up at the Newman Arena fans.
About Sam Blum
Stony Book picked up its fifth straight win, and second straight road win by defeating Columbia (7-6), 70-61 at Levien Gym on Tuesday night. It was the final non-conference for the Seawolves (10-6, 1-0 America East).
Columbia (6-3) defeated Hofstra (7-3) 82-77 in its signature win of non-conference season. Here are five thoughts following Saturday’s contest at Levien Gym.
Elvar Fridriksson didn’t let the desperate Florida International defenders redeem their mistake.
Glenn Braica screamed for Chris Hooper to turn around. Hooper was facing the basket as he ran down the court on Delaware State’s fast break. He had no idea that Amere May was getting ready to pull up for a 25-foot 3-pointer.
Columbia head coach Kyle Smith said that the 2014-2015 season will be about going from good to great.
All season it was St. Bonaventure’s calling card. Fast-paced, high scoring, entertaining basketball. But on Saturday, the same run-and-gun style of play that had been prevalent the majority of the 2013-2014 season fell completely flat in the second half, as the Bonnies managed to make just four shots.
Jordan Gathers has never hit a game-winning shot before in his life, but when he saw his final heave leave his hands as time expired, he had no doubt that this was going to be his first.
Tom Pecora took the Jostens catalog that sits untouched in his drawer and gave it to Branden Frazer.
Mount St. Mary’s wasn’t even supposed to be here.
Donate To Help Big Apple Buckets
John’s ThoughtsMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Non-Conference Schedule Tracker
- 17 Super Players To Watch In The Tournament's Super 17
- Way Too Early NEC All-Conference Teams
- Wright, Long Keys To Siena's Turnaround
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Is St. Francis Brooklyn's Tyreek Jewell Underrated?
- Way Too Early NEC RPM Projections
- Julian Boyd Is Ready To Play
- Defensive Improvement Needed For Siena To Contend In Future
- Will Brown, Jameel Warney Claim Top America East Awards