Almost every team in America was playing today thanks to either the wrapping up of conference season or tournaments. We’ve got tons of coverage from the MAAC tournament and the recap of Wagner’s semifinal loss. Here’s what else happened for New York City teams.
About John Templon
It wasn’t supposed to end this way this time.
If you haven’t been following Conference USA, because you don’t care about the NIT bubble, you might not know what went down last night on the final night of the regular season. Four teams tied for first place at 13-3.
The bubble teams keep winning. It’s getting harder and hard to figure out where teams are going as a bunch of squads are fighting hard to stay in the overall conversation. I’ll have a new NIT bracket tomorrow (Friday), but let’s look at what a busy Wednesday brought.
This is March! Thrilling comebacks, big upsets, the quarterfinals of the NEC men’s basketball tournament had it all on Wednesday night. Big Apple Buckets had writers in Emmitsburg, MD and Staten Island, NY but there was also game action in Rhode Island and out in Moon Township, PA. What a night!
A month ago something changed for the Wagner Seahawks. After a dominating performance against Central Connecticut in the quarterfinals of the NEC tournament Wagner hopes that change will take the team to its ultimate goal, the NCAA tournament.
What a night of college basketball! Tuesday offered up a little of everything and Wednesday promises a ton of great games and the first real opportunity for the need for an automatic NIT bid.
The theories behind this have been rehashed ad nauseam thanks to Stony Brook being eliminated by Albany in the America East tournament while playing the semifinals at SEFCU Arena last season, but I just wanted to point out one more time what the league is doing by allowing its fourth place team to host. Even […]
It’s that time of year again. We’re just a few weeks away from Selection Sunday. I’m going to try and do some bullet points on a daily basis around how the entire postseason picture is shaping up and what to watch for each night.
The MAAC tournament kicks off in Springfield, MA this week and boy is going to be fun. There are a bunch of teams that could win the title and no single team is better than about a 1-in-3 shot to cut down the nets on Monday.
- NIT Bracket: March 3 March 3, 2014
- A Brief History of the NEC Tournament – Does Home Court Matter? February 28, 2014
- NEC Tournament Round Up: March 5 March 6, 2014
- Big Apple Buckets NEC All-Conference Teams and Awards March 3, 2014
- NIT Bracket: March 7 March 7, 2014
- New York City Round Up: March 8 March 8, 2014
- Manhattan 72, St. Peter’s 58 March 8, 2014
- 3 Thoughts: Canisius 71, Siena 65 March 8, 2014
- Canisius 71, Siena 65 March 8, 2014
- Iona’s Tim Cluess on his Contract Extension March 8, 2014
- John Templon: There's no way at 14-17 overall Texas Tech is get...
- Tryal Alexander: Texas tech beat Texas today does that give them a ...
- TWC: In the NEC it's not enough to have a good team to...
- Tryal Alexander: Hey John do you think Texas Tech will make the NIT...
- Dan From Staten Island: The unexpected loss of three guards from the roste...