The first weekend of MAAC play is in the books, and a few teams have even shaken off the rust and played one more game. There have definitely been some surprises. Let’s take a look at where things stand.
About John Templon
Listen to Ryan Peters and I discuss the NEC in another episodes of the hit podcast NEC Fast Break. In this one we catch up with the players and teams we missed last week.
The St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers unveiled their new look to the Remsen Street faithful on Monday night and showed that there is still work to do.
Columbia is 3-4 in its first seven games under Jim Engles. Considering the Lions are now in a stretch where they will play just three games in nearly four weeks, it gives us an excellent moment to step back and take stock of what has happened this season in Morningside Heights.
It’s obviously still way too early to start projecting the NCAA tournament or NIT brackets, but… Let’s do it anyways!
Hofstra pulled out a two-point victory over Columbia on Tuesday in Morningside Heights. The game was a clash between two retooling New York City area teams and the Pride had a little more depth and grit in the victory.
A few weeks are now in the books, so here is an early look around America East.
We’re back! Ryan Peters joins me for the season opening episode of NEC Fast Break.
The road was a tough place to be for most of the local teams on Sunday. Hopefully Feast Week can give every team some much needed home cooking.
It wasn’t quite as close as last season, but for the second season in a row LIU Brooklyn escaped a tight contest against Loyola (MD) with a victory.
Donate To Help NYC Buckets
Top Posts & Pages
- Iona Rebounds To Earn First Home Win
- Hofstra Preaches Team Effort As Kentucky Looms
- Three Thoughts: Iona 90, FDU 73 - Schadrac Casimir's Road Back
- Head Coach Contract Tracker
- Three Thoughts: Yale 66, Sacred Heart 52
- Manhattan 60, Fordham 53: Big December Win For Jaspers
- NEC Roundup - Positive Trends and Power Rankings 2.0
- Ivy League Weekly Roundup: Viral Moments and Marquee Games
- Sophomore Jairus Lyles Thriving With UMBC
- Assessing The MAAC After The December Weekend Plus