The games have already started with Stony Brook hosting Vermont in the America East championship, but today’s slate of 22 games offers many potential minefields for potential NIT teams. Here are the games you should be paying attention to if your team is currently on the bubble.
Bubble Teams Fighting For NCAA Tournament:
- Marshall vs. Memphis (11:30 a.m., CBS) — Thundering Herd get automatic bid with win.
- N.C. State vs. North Carolina (1 p.m., ESPN)
- Xavier vs. Saint Louis (3:30 p.m., CCS)
- Ole Miss vs. Vanderbilt (3:30 p.m., ABC)
NIT Teams Fighting For Position:
- Massachusetts vs. St. Bonaventure (1 p.m., CCS)
Automatic Bids Could Be Needed Still:
- Stony Brook vs. Vermont (America East, 11 a.m., ESPN2)
- Mississippi Valley State vs. Texas Southern (SWAC, 8 p.m., ESPNU)
- Akron vs. Ohio (MAC, 8 p.m., ESPN2) — Either team probably in NIT no matter what.
- UCSB vs. Long Beach State (Big West, 10 p.m., ESPN2)
The Pac-12 & WAC Championship Games:
- Arizona vs. Colorado (6 p.m., CBS) — Basically, bubble teams want Arizona to win. Colorado might not get to play in the NIT if they lose in the championship, but the Wildcats would definitely get a spot somewhere.
- New Mexico State vs. Louisiana Tech (12 a.m., ESPN2) — Bubble teams want NMSU to win this game. Louisiana Tech has no business playing in the NIT, but the Aggies have an argument to be an at-large (though it’s pretty weak).