Three thoughts from Quinnipiac’s 89-80 victory over Niagara in the final quarterfinal game of the MAAC tournament.
All five Quinnipiac starters scored in double figures as the Bobcats outlasted Niagara 89-80 in the Quarterfinals of the MAAC tournament at the MassMutual Center in Springfield.
Almost every team in America was playing today thanks to either the wrapping up of conference season or tournaments. We’ve got tons of coverage from the MAAC tournament and the recap of Wagner’s semifinal loss. Here’s what else happened for New York City teams.
When the second-seeded Manhattan Jaspers decided to take control of their quarterfinal MAAC tournament game against St. Peter’s, they did so in emphatic fashion. In a game that saw a lead no larger than five, the Jaspers distanced themselves by controlling the paint and cruised to a 72-58 victory in Saturday night’s third quarterfinal.
Three thoughts from Canisius’ 71-65 victory over Siena on Saturday in the second quarterfinal of the MAAC tournament.
For Billy Baron he wasn’t going to let Saturday’s second semifinal against Siena be his final game.
It appears everything has come full circle for Iona head coach Tim Cluess in his working relationship with first year athletic director Rick Cole Jr. The fourth-year head coach, prior to the MAAC tournament, agreed to a contract extension which runs his deal until the 2018-19 season.
It wasn’t supposed to end this way this time.
The NEC has to be thrilled with how both games were showcased this afternoon on Fox College Sports and MSG+. Both semifinal matchups went right down to the wire, but in the end there will be a rematch of the 2009 NEC championship game between Mount St. Mary’s and Robert Morris. To the recaps…
Three thoughts following Iona’s 94-71 victory over Rider as they advance to the semifinals on Sunday.
- NIT Bracket: March 3 March 3, 2014
- NEC Tournament Round Up: March 5 March 6, 2014
- A Brief History of the NEC Tournament – Does Home Court Matter? February 28, 2014
- NIT Bracket: March 7 March 7, 2014
- Big Apple Buckets NEC All-Conference Teams and Awards March 3, 2014
- Three Thoughts: Quinnipiac 89, Niagara 80 March 9, 2014
- Quinnipiac 89, Niagara 80 March 9, 2014
- New York City Round Up: March 8 March 8, 2014
- Manhattan 72, St. Peter’s 58 March 8, 2014
- 3 Thoughts: Canisius 71, Siena 65 March 8, 2014